- 3 bratwurst links – Casey’s original recipe
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2 oz can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Place bratwurst links in one layer at bottom of large pan. Cover halfway with beer. Simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, then remove from liquid and set aside to cool. Discard liquid from pan.
While bratwurst cools, combine all other ingredients in a 5 quart crock pot. When bratwurst is cool, slice and add to crock pot. Cook on low, covered for 5 to 6 hours.