Smart Answers to Sweet Eating – Varieties.
Smart eating means getting your fill of the most colorful fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. At Casey’s Foods, depending on the season, our vegetables are locally sourced, organic when appropriate, and hand-selected at the Chicago International Produce Market. Our fruits are delivered from The Fruit Store to ensure freshness and the highest quality.
Our professional and friendly staff then packages produce – on-site – to offer consistent quality and reduce waste. We can help you determine the ripeness of items, answer questions regarding seasonal products, and more.
Our Produce Department carries a variety of specialty items perfect for entertaining and enjoying! This includes cookies, crackers, candies, cheeses, sausage, juices, and salad dressing and toppings to name a few. All you need is some of our fresh produce to complement, and you’re set.
Benefits of Fruit and Veggies
Consuming fruits and vegetables consisting of a wide range of color provides the body with a variety of valuable nutrients, like fiber, folate, potassium, and vitamins A and C. Examples of nutrient rich fruits and vegetables include: green spinach, orange sweet potatoes, black beans, yellow corn, purple plums, red watermelon, and white onions.
Further benefits include:
- Fiber from fruits and vegetables may decrease your risk of coronary artery disease.
- Folate may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal for defect.
- Potassium may help to maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Vitamin A helps heal cuts and wounds and keeps teeth and gums health.
- Bonus! Fruits and vegetable help to control weight management—other than the great health benefits, the water and fiber in fruits and vegetables add volume to meals making you feel fuller, faster.
The Casey’s Foods smart answer to your health – eat your fruits and veggies!